Wednesday 5 August 2015

Accidental Haul!

Hey guys!

I nipped into town today just to run a few errands and when I got home I realised I actually had quite a few bags with me so I thought I'd do a post to show you all my purchases. The ironic thing is, the errands I needed to run were returning things, and I definitely bought way more stuff than I took back, whoops!


I do love a good haul picture!



My first stop was New Look. I bought a pair of trainers in the sale online last week, as a present for my cousins 13th birthday, but annoyingly with New Look you have to either pay, I think it's £5 for delivery, or spend £20 to get click and collect, and since my nearest store is only a few miles away I really didn't fancy paying for delivery! So I bought a couple of jackets to bump the price up for click and collect. In fairness I did take them home and try them on to see if I liked them! But I didn't, so I was taking those back and whilst in the store I picked up a new pair of their white 'plimsolls' as they call them.
What I love about these is they look sort of like Converse, and they're SO comfortable. I have another pair of these but I wore them to Parklife festival back in June and they got really muddy, most of the dirt did come off in the wash and they're perfectly acceptable to wear, but I decided it would be nice to have a pair that I didn't mind getting dirty and could take the dogs for a walk in, and then a nice pair that I would wear for shopping and other casual outings, they're only £9.99 and New Look do student discount so they're a bargain really!
Also in New Look, I picked up a pair of elasticated ballet pumps, they look brown in the picture but they're actually a dark red, like maroon I suppose. I find this style of shoe so comfortable because they almost mould and move with your feet, rather than just staying in one shape. This was definitely an impulse purchase, but I have forced myself to throw a few pairs of flats away this summer as I've had them for way too long and they looked pretty shabby, so I needed to replace them! These pumps are only £8.99 (less with student discount), so they're not going to break the bank, that's my excuse anyway!

A girl can never have too many shoes!


The second place I went into was a shop called Jojo Maman Bebe. I haven't seen many of these around but I know it's a chain, and it basically sells maternity and baby stuff, and clothes and toys for young children too. My mum asked me to get a few presents for some relatives that have just had a baby girl, and if you ask any of my family and friends they'll tell you I LOVE buying presents. Basically my goal in life is to make loads of money so that one day I can be that relative that always gets the most awesome gifts that people actually like receiving, haha!
So yeah, in this shop I bought this little set of bibs, and what I loved about them is that they're pointed, so when they're on they look like neckerchiefs, so cute! I just realised I actually always get these for people when they have a baby, whoops! They're such good presents though, you can never have too many bibs, babies are messy little things!

I then popped into clintons to get a card and some wrapping paper to go with this gift. I love Clintons, they're always my first stop for cards and wrapping paper for literally every occasion. Although I feel like Paperchase deserve a mention too because their stuff is also beautiful!
So yeah, I found a really cute card that said 'Bundle of Joy' on the front, as well as the most adorable wrapping paper!

Next I nipped into a place called Rutherfords, which is basically a department store, I'm not sure if they have them anywhere other than Morpeth, but they sell all sorts of wonderful things! Home accessories, clothes, make up (even Benefit!), shoes, kitchen accessories, everything!
Whilst in here I picked up another present for the baby, which was this adorable little soft rattle with an elephant on top, see below...

Adorable baby gifts!


Also in Rutherfords I bought this 'receipt tin'. I'd been looking for one of these for a while as I like to keep track of things I buy, but especially since finishing uni I've been working on a couple of interior design projects and my mum has advised me I need to keep track of what I'm spending on fuel and stationery supplies, for future tax reasons apparently, it's all French to me! But that's what the tin is for, and I love the 'Bright Side' products, they're always so fun, this tin in particular says 'Denial Tin' on the top, and 'for money I used to have' on the front!

I don't think it will take me long to fill this!


My last purchase of the day was a lovely little lavender plant. One of the great things about Morpeth is the amount of markets there are (apart from the nightmare of trying to find a parking space on market days) I love supporting local businesses, and will always try to buy something from a market trader rather than a store if I can help it.
I had been thinking about getting a plant in my room, even though I'm AWFUL at looking after them, so I'm not really expecting it to last long! My room is a mixture of purples, so I thought a lavender plant would be a really nice addition to my windowsill since they smell so nice! At the moment it doesn't have any flowers on it, and I deliberately picked that one because I feel like you get the longest life out of them, providing you look after them well enough haha!

My room already smells so good from this!

I mentioned earlier that I had some parcels waiting for me when I got home. Well the first of these was the film 'The Book Thief'. I didn't really buy this for any particular reason, other than I think it's a brilliant film, but I bought something else and and this film popped up at a really good price, so I popped it in the basket, so yes I fell prey to Amazon's advertising skills...
For those of you who haven't seen it, The Book Thief is set in Germany during the Second World War and follows the story of a little girl who has been evacuated, and shows her building relationships with her new family and neighbours. I don't want to ruin the plot, as it's such a lovely story, so I'll just say that it's a great film, and that if you like movies set during wartime, and don't mind it potentially making you cry, then definitely give it a go! But yeah, it's definitely a tearjerker...



Last but certainly not least is another package I received today, which was some neon face paint!
Don't worry, it's not some crazy new make up idea, I bought it for Leeds Festival!! Which I'm going to at the end of the month, so so SO excited!
I was watching T in the Park on the telly and saw a lot of people wearing it, and it looked so cool at night with all the UV lights, so I thought I would try it out myself! Although I'm in a bit of a dilemma now, because I wore glitter on my face at Parklife, and it looked really cute, so I may have to alternate between days!



Anyway, that's it for my accidental haul, I've got a few product posts coming up soon, so stay tuned!

Thanks for reading! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, they make my day! Feel free to leave a link to your blog and i'll be sure to check it out as soon as I can :)