Wednesday 19 November 2014

Birmingham's German Christmas Market

If you've ever lived in the West Midlands, chances are you'll have heard of the German market that's on every year in Birmingham, in the lead up to Christmas. For those of you who have never been, it's basically a load of wooden chalet type stalls, some selling gifts and christmas decorations, but mostly there are a lot of stalls selling all kinds of delicious things, sweets, baked goods, german sausages (which are huuuge!) and burgers, and lots of tasty drinks such as german beer, mulled wine, winter pimms and hot chocolate.

We decided to take an impromptu trip last night since I only live a 15 minute train journey away from Birmingham, and I wanted to nip to selfridges to get some personalised nutella, seriously everyone I know is getting a jar of nutella for Christmas this year! Hehe!
Whilst walking round at first I must admit I was slightly disappointed, all the stalls were exactly the same as last year, so I'd seen it all before, and there's not a huge amount of items for sale, so you aren't likely to get your christmas shopping done. However, we realised after ordering hot dogs and working our way through a pint each of yummy German beer (see pictures below) that people obviously go for the amazing food and drink! So it's certainly worth a visit, especially if you've never been before.

it looks huge as it is, but notice the sausage is broken in half, it was even bigger than that before!

some proper German beer!


christmas lights selfie!

christmas in Birmingham :)

Thanks for reading! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, they make my day! Feel free to leave a link to your blog and i'll be sure to check it out as soon as I can :)