Friday 17 October 2014

Grand Designs Live 2014

For those of you who don't know, I'm studying interior design at university, and I love anything related to architecture, home renovation and of course interiors. 
Last Sunday I visited Grand Designs live at the NEC in Birmingham, for the third year running, since it's only a 15 minute train journey from my university. 
Unfortunately I was limited on time this year so had to choose between getting round all the exhibits or listening to the talks. I decided I'd rather go round the exhibits to see if there was anything new I hadn't seen before, and of course for the freebies! However, I absolutely loooove George Clarke (Amazing Spaces and Restoration Man) so I couldn't resist listening to a bit of his talk as he's always so inspiring! Every year I come away from the show wishing I had the money to start my own dream project, I even seriously considered buying an old 1950s bus earlier in the year to do up! His guest had actually built himself a home office from a shipping container, and had made chairs out of old shopping trolleys! 
For anyone who's interested in this sort of thing, check out some of his episodes on YouTube, particularly Amazing Spaces. It's really inspiring! His new series also starts this Thursday, so if you're in the UK, be sure to check it out! 


Thanks for reading! Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, they make my day! Feel free to leave a link to your blog and i'll be sure to check it out as soon as I can :)