Wednesday 9 March 2011

China Glaze new Anchors Away set...

Long and pic heavy post!! Managed to sneak a trip to Sally's today because my boyfriend needed to go to the industrial state for some boring car parts and that just so happens to be where Sally's is, woop! I get so excited about these things, hehe. Anyway, I tried to be good and looked in their bargain bucket first and got 3 nail polishes that were 85p each from a brand I haven't tried before and since they had some really lovely colours I had to give them a go. Anyway, walked past the Anchors Away stand to the cash desk being really well behaved and not spending when, uh oh, what do they have on the cash desk? A little 4 pack of mini Anchor's Aways!! I am such a sucker for mini things and couldn't resist asking how much it was insisting I was just wondering. After the lady had rung up all my items I was about to walk away when I could just hear the mini bottles shouting my name and I heard myself uncontrollably saying 'I'll take them'... oops!! I soo don't regret it though, they're freakin gorgeous!!

L-R: Life Preserver, Ahoy!, First Mate, White Cap


First Mate
I love this, it's a gorgeous deep, dark blue that's not quite navy. The picture makes it look a little lighter, but only a tiny bit. I believe this only took 1 coat, but I realised when looking through the pictures it could probably do with another coat, still such a lovely nail polish.

Life Preserver
This is a lovely sort of dark orange, again this only needed one coat, bearing in mind I apply nail polish quite thickly. I love this one also!

Ahoy!
 I am in love with this colour!! The picture doesn't really do it justice it's not quite as bright in rl. It's got some lovely shimmery bits of glitter in that are a sort of orangey colour. It's gorgeous!! I'm so not a fan of wearing pink on my nails but this is an exception, I'm keeping this one on!! This one actually needed two coats but the amazingness of the colour more than makes up for that :)

White Cap
This one's quite difficult to photograph but you can sort of get an idea. If i'm honest i'm not all that keen on white cap, it couldn't be worn on it's own as it's completely see through and is probably more to be worn over one of the other colours. I'm wearing it on it's own on my index finger but I didn't like it and decided to wear it over Sally Hansen's natural white on the others. I think it's the same shimmer from the Ahoy! and so is a nice shimmer to put over something. I'm not a fan of these types of polishes so it's not my favourite and it needed about 3 or 4 coats.


I also picked up Sea Spray on my previous trip to Sally's and thought it made sense to include it in this post:
Sea Spray
I reeeeally love this colour also, it's more of a grey with blue than a blue with grey when you actually have it on, bearing in mind I put this on in the evening with artificial light so it could be different in natural light. It has some very subtle shimmers in it too. This needed a couple of coats, it's not quite as thick as the others. An absolutely gorgeous colour. 

I really love this collection, I nearly bought Lighthouse as well but my willpower took over so if any of you guys have tried it let me know what you think :)
All these pictures were taken with one coat of Seche Vite over the colour, hence the shinyness :D

Thanks for reading!! xxx


5 comments:

  1. lol, you shouldn't feel bad.
    I think it actually makes more sense to buy mini bottles as a polish collector, because really...like what's the chance that you'll actually finish a whole bottle of color?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooo im so jealous!!! i have no idea where the nearest sallys is to me, but i have no-one to go with - no-one is as obsessed as i am :D i agree, little bottles are totally the way forward, ive never finished a bottle of polish in my life, so whats the point in spending extra when you dont have to? i love white cap, but i agree only as a topcoat :) sea spray is also GORGE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats so true, I have so many bottles that I bought years ago and are still nearly full. I don't know anyone who likes nail polish as much as me, I usually drag my mum along just so i'm not on my own! But Sally's is literally the only decent thing I have near me, nowhere else sells any decent nail polishes except for Barry M and Revlon. Doesn't help that I live in the middle of nowhere :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those colors are gorgeous! Thank you so much for writing in darling! Speaking of England I've been missing it so much lately :(, how's the weather there right now? Also, great author you're reading! Thank you for all your sweet comments - you're such a doll!
    Wishing you a lovely week!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Love, Life, Lace, oh I wouldn't miss it! The weather isn't great, the suns been shining the past few days which is lovely but it's still soo cold! Sons and Lovers is the first D.H Lawrence book i've read but i'm really enjoying it, definitely be delving into some of his other novels after this one! And you're so welcome, I love your blog!! :D x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day! Feel free to leave a link to your blog and i'll be sure to check it out as soon as I can :)