Sunday 6 March 2011

Wardrobe Clothing Storage Solution!

I just thought I would share with you all a little brainwave I had earlier today. I have quite a big dilemma in the area of storing my clothes, my wardrobe just isn't big enough! I have a rather small but I suppose average size for most students wardrobe and 3 chests of drawers, 2 with 3 small drawers and 1 with six long drawers. I have no idea how I have acquired so many clothes over the years because I still feel like I never have anything to wear! But this has become a real problem as I have clothes everywhere and my room is never tidy. This is a before pic of the awful state of my room:

My bf insisted on being in the pic lol.

They don't belong there.


These were taken whilst a lot of my clothes were in the wash, so it's not even at it's worst. Unfortunately, my room used to be a lot worse than this but I rearranged and although it's an improvement it's still not ideal so I was pretty stuck for ideas. My lovely little brainwave was these 3 of these very useful storage boxes:



I have decided that from now on I am going to put away the clothes that are out of season. In summer I will fill these boxes with jumpers, scarves, coats etc and in the winter I'll put in my skirts, vests, bikinis etc. The boxes I chose are made specifically to fit under beds which is handy because it's out of sight. Two of the boxes are for my clothes and one will be for my shoes. And okay, so I admit that whilst I was sorting this all out, I realised I have ALOT of clothes and desperately need a clear out, which is probably the real problem, oops! This has really helped with the look of my bedroom though, I just need to do a little more tidying up. What do you guys think?

Look so much tidier!

There's still a lot of clothes in there but they all fit now!!

This is where that horrible massive pile of clothes was, need to find some photos to fill the frame!


Thanks for reading!! xxx

6 comments:

  1. I really think it is great how you decided to organize your closet! I'm sensing I'll have the same issue soon, going to use your tips! Great post! Great blog!

    alisaguk.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaa..your bf looks so cute insisted on your pic!btw, congrats for your organize closet :)

    http://dreamybubblebee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wardrobe looks like it's going to collapse! hahaha. Those drawers on the left are taking up wayy too much room, hrm you need more vertical space to hang things and a separate set of drawers outside in your room! Anyways, I'm a new follower and I hope you follow me too :)

    http://opinionslave.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Alisa, you definitely should! It makes sense to not have the clothes out you don't need :)

    @Indah, yeah, he kept diving in the picture at the last minute lol! I'll have a look at your blog in a sec :)

    @Francesca, I wish I could have another set of drawers!! I actually notices yesterday the bottoms of the long drawers are starting to collapse, don't know how much longer they'll last! Haha. I'll check out your blog now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love organizing, thanks for following, I'm also following you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day! Feel free to leave a link to your blog and i'll be sure to check it out as soon as I can :)