Tuesday 15 March 2011

Day 24 - Your favourite food...

My favourite food is fajitas. There's two different types that I love; the first one, and one which most people know, is the kind that you get in restaurants. This is where you're given a big, sizzling plate of meat, fried onions and fried peppers, 3 little bowls containing sour cream, guacamole and salsa, a bowl of cheese and sometimes salad and a few tortilla wraps. You then make the wraps up yourself with however much of each ingredient you want and voila! So yummy :D



The other type of fajita is the kind that I make. It's very simple, which is why I make it at home. For this you need the following ingredients:
1 large onion (bearing in mind I love onions) (chopped)
2 salad tomatoes, or 4 cherry tomatoes (chopped)
1 jar of Old El Paso mild fajita sauce
Sour cream
Cheddar cheese (grated)
Tortilla wraps
First of all chop up the onion and fry in a pan, when happy with the onion add in the chopped up tomatoes. When this is all done to your taste add the whole jar of fajita sauce (or less if not making for as many people). Turn down the heat and leave to simmer. Next, get a couple of oven dishes and put in the tortilla wraps, ready to fill with the mixture, I usually get 6 wraps out of the amount I make. Now pour the mixture into the open wraps and fold them over to close them. Top with the grated cheddar cheese and sour cream, as much as you like to your taste and pop in the oven for about 10-15 minutes just to melt the cheese and cream and warm it all up. Such an easy yet delicious meal!

Annoyingly I have no pictures because I haven't made this since I wrote the post, sorry guys!

Thanks for reading!! xxx

1 comment:

I love to read your comments, they make my day! Feel free to leave a link to your blog and i'll be sure to check it out as soon as I can :)