Friday 11 March 2011

Day 16 - Music you like...

This is such a difficult one, I love so many types of music I could really be here all day, I'll listen to anything! However, I suppose if I really think about it I do have a few special favourites, all the links lead to Youtube...

My all time favourite band is a british group called 'The Kooks'. Their music is so upbeat and quirky and they sort of remind me of the summer. Here a few of my favourite songs of theirs:
She Moves In Her Own Way
Seaside
Naive
All of these songs are from their first album 'Inside in/Inside out', I definitely prefer this to their second album 'Konk' but I really like both :)

I also really love Bruno Mars, he writes such feel good songs and I looove his voice, here's my faves:
Runaway Baby
The Lazy Song
Somewhere In Brooklyn
And of course his big hits 'Just The Way You Are', 'Grenade' and 'Billionaire', but since these are all so overplayed I didn't think you'd need a link :)

Pixie Lott is another favourite of mine, I don't know how well known she is in the US but over here she's very popular, her voice is amazing!!
Boys and Girls
Rolling Stone
Coming Home (ft. Jason Derulo)
Her songs are soo catchy and I just can't get over her amazing voice!!!

I've always loved P!nk too, her lyrics and so meaningful and she just always seems to reinvent herself, she's fabulous!! I love her depressing songs for when I'm feeling down, she always seems to say exactly what I'm feeling...
Don't Let Me Get Me (such a classic!!)
Glitter In The Air
Mean
These are just a few, she has sooo many amazing tracks that I love!! :)

I'd be really interested to hear other people's opinions on my choices. Everyone seems to love Bruno Mars and Pixie Lott, I don't think many people have heard of The Kooks since they haven't brought out any new material in a while and I think P!nk is quite controversial. Let me know what you guys think, thanks for reading!! xxx

1 comment:

I love to read your comments, they make my day! Feel free to leave a link to your blog and i'll be sure to check it out as soon as I can :)