Tuesday 22 March 2011

Special Weekend

On Sunday Chris and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary and we had such a lovely day I thought I would share it with you all! We decided not to get each other big, flashy presents and instead just a gesture but the present he got me was one of the best I've ever been given! Here it is:




He actually made me a place to put all my nail polishes!! How cute is that?! Not only does he accept my obsession but he helps me with it! I'm so happy with it, all my bottles were squished up in a drawer before, and I'd have to force it open to get any out as it was so full and now they're standing proud in my bedroom! Hehe. I love how colourful it looks having them all together, and incase you didn't notice there's room on the top for more; uh oh, Sally's here I come... :D

That was only the start of our wonderful day, we decided to go for a picnic at a sailing club Chris is a member of, it's a lovely big lake and you can just drive in and park up anywhere you like around it. It was such a beautiful sunny day yet there was no one there as it was still quite chilly, such a lovely peaceful place. We took Chris' dog Harvey with us, isn't he a cutie? Such a big softie too.


The 'thinking model' pose





Despite the bright, blue, cloudless sky and the sun and sunglasses, I was glad we took a couple of big fleeces and a blanket, it was cold but not so much that we couldn't stay outside which was good! 
After our picnic we went to the cinema to see Hall Pass, the same cinema we went to on our first date a year ago, we're such cheesy romantics hehe! It was a really funny film and perfect to see together, not too action for me and not to chick flick for him :D 

So, that was our lovely weekend, how was yours? Thanks for reading!!

4 comments:

  1. if it was socially acceptable to live in a fleece, i totally would. soooo warm haha! That is so sweet of Chris to make you a stand! loving the rainbow of Barry Ms you got going on my love! They look so proooudd. you two are so weet, i am 80% happy for you.
    20% jealous.
    :D
    hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks! I know fleeces are disgusting but we were the only ones there so it's all good hehe.
    I think about 50% of my collection is Barry M's, not enough!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on one year! Your present and day sound sweet :-) I'm well jealous of all your nail varnishes! Can you buy OPI in Sally's?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou! Yes you can, they have an OPI stand which I think has most of the colours they've made, they're full price though :(

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day! Feel free to leave a link to your blog and i'll be sure to check it out as soon as I can :)