Tuesday 1 March 2011

February buys...

Today is supposed to be my day number 6 of the 30 day challenge which was 'Anything Hello Kitty', I (gasp!) don't actually own anything Hello Kitty so I decided to do a review of all my February buys instead, including nail polish, clothes and make up. Beware, very long post!! :)
I bought quite a lot in February, especially in half term! I was in Newcastle for a week staying with my grandparents and I can't resist the shops there, they just have everything!! Here's what I picked up...

My first buy was in New Look, I got these lovely little boots for just £9 because I found an old gift voucher I hadn't spent, yay!! RRP £19.99, they had another version that were slightly higher and more for a night out but I wanted these everyday ones which looked much comfier :) they're such a nice colour too! Hehe :)



The next thing I bought was from Dorothy Perkins and I just absolutely fell in love with it, I think it's called a shrug but I was calling it a kimono, I dunno. Anyway, this was £30 and I just had to have it. I actually didn't buy it at first and regretted it as soon as I got home so dragged my poor boyfriend out again the next day so I could get it, haha! At first I was a bit worried it wouldn't go with anything because I don't really have anything that colour but it looks fine with almost everything! And it's definetly the centrepiece of any outfit. Oh I could talk about it all day it's just so gorgeous!!

I also found a cute little blue LEOPARD PRINT!!! scarf in Dorothy Perkins that was down to £7 and armed with my student discount I had to have it!! ;) Kinda looks grey in the pic but it's definetly blue :)


I then took a trip to Sally's and Boots. I got 5 Barry M nail polishes, 3 China Glazes, the new Volume Million Lashes mascara, some nail art stickers and some pointed cotton buds/q-tips. The nail stickers I got are so cute, they're fruit so like watermelons and apples. I got them to wear with some pastel coloured nail polish in the summer, hoping to encourage the sun to come out! It didn't work :( 
Anyway, here's a picture of the nail polishes I got:


From left to right on the top row (All Barry M); Instant nail effects, Vivid purple, Mushroom, Gold and Silver Cascade.
From left to right on bottom row; China Glaze Sea Spray, Fifth Avenue and the orangey one just says 'V' on the label so I think that's it's name. Then I have OPI's Simmer and Shimmer and a bottle of Seche Vite.

I have to say the Vivid Purple is absolutely gorgeous, i've been wearing it today and had so many compliments, even by my teacher who caught me putting it on in class! It's a lovely deep shimmery purple colour with some very subtle pink undertones, I think it's definitely my favourite at the moment :)
The Seche Vite I have never used before but after joining blogspot I've found that so many people seem to swear by it so I thought I'd have a look on ebay and see if I could find it for a decent price, which I did :)

I thought it would be too long a post to write about each item in full but if anyone has any requests then I will of course do so, just leave a comment below. Thanks for following!! xxx

2 comments:

  1. those are all such cute items! I love those shoes! check out my blog!? http://jellybutton100.blogspot.com//

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'll check it out now :) x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make my day! Feel free to leave a link to your blog and i'll be sure to check it out as soon as I can :)